he Collection for the Needs of the Church in Canada
(CCCB – Ottawa)... The Collection for the Needs of the Church in Canada will be held on 23 and 24 September 2017. In his letter to the parishes across the country, the Most Reverend Douglas Crosby, O.M.I., Bishop of Hamilton and President of the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB), recalls that the collection "is an opportunity for Catholics to truly help their diocese/eparchy participate in the regional episcopal assemblies and the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB)." Bishop Crosby also notes that "all the faithful indeed participate in the life and mission of the Church through their active involvement in the life of their parish community, their prayers, their diverse charisms, their moral support, and the contributions of their time and talents."
In order to promote the collection and the work of the Bishops through the Episcopal Conference as well as the Regional Episcopal Assemblies, the CCCB is making available an electronic version of the promotional kit on its website, www.cccb.ca. The electronic kit can be used by parishes, Church media and diocesan/eparchial communications services, and includes the following documents:
- the letter from the CCCB President addressed to pastors and collaborators in pastoral ministry;
- the video message of Bishop Douglas Crosby, O.M.I.;
- two short texts intended to be adapted or printed in parish bulletins on 17 and 24 September, or distributed by other means of communication such as Websites and emails;
- suggested Prayers of the Faithful for the weekends of 17 and 24 September;
- an overview of the projects, declarations and documents by the CCCB over the course of the past year;
- the CCCB visual for the Annual Collection.